Sunday, January 25, 2015

Serious... Serious as a Heart Attack!!!

Ok I promised a late night blog… It’s 430am and time to make good on the promise… It’s time to make a lot of things happen… But more on that later…

Life on the beach has been pretty tranquil and uneventful since my discussions with Harbor Patrol… http://viewsfrommyhammock.blogspot.com/2014/12/a-follow-up-to-christmas-eve-visit-from.html
Several email exchanges and a visit with the Harbor Master smoothed my ruffled feathers and seem to have put an end to the Harbor Patrol leading with their badge out in front of a bigoted, prejudiced and judgmental attitude towards “just another dirt bag living in an RV”…

While publicly stating to me his support for the Harbor Patrolman in question, I would have to believe that some “correction” was done in private… Fine, it’s good leadership… Now we are greeted with waves and “How are you?” Funny how that seems to work, isn’t it???

While the attendance at the Ventura Harbor Comedy Club was less than what I had hoped… The show went well and I will give another shout out to the comics… Angie Krum, David Nieker, Delanie Fischer and Matt Lewis… Unfortunately, the Golden Globe Award Show was the same night and while coming from a place where people willingly venture out via snowmobile braving the worst of weather… I have learned that all people in Southern California need for an excuse to stay home and watch TV is a little bit of rain… Insert your own judgments here…

I continue to be greeted by people on the beach and in town who recognize me after reading the VC Star feature articlehttp://www.vcstar.com/entertainment/arts-and-culture/nuclear-guy-hosts-ventura-comedy-show_38882961

It’s kind of cool, too bad they didn’t come to the show…

Special thanks to fellow comic, booker and friend Phil Peredo, for hooking me up with a “Front of the Line Pass” to audition for “America’s Got Talent” February 12th in Las Vegas… Who knows what may come of it… I do know I would not have even considered waiting in line for a 90 second audition, before attending workshops with Steve North http://www.funnycoach.com/

Is a TV credit or more in the stars??? I’m just grateful for the opportunity…

While hoping to attend a reunion of shipmates of the USS FLYING FISH (SSN-673) this coming August… It hinges on being able to book enough PAYING comedy work during the trip east from California to Virginia Beach… While numerous emails have been sent… I’m still waiting for some replies… Bookers??? Hello out there…

My dogs and I are looking forward to a “Summer of Adventure” on the comedy road… We just need a “Little Help from Our Friends”…

So… Lastly… The title of this blog… Hopefully this will also encourage others and inspire some help from our friends… Take your dreams serious… Take them as “Serious as a Heart Attack!!!”
While I have lost about 15lbs since arriving in Ventura… A change of diet… IE drinking much less… And doing much more walking everyday… And generally feeling very well… Getting rid of the stress carrying job and ex-wife will do that… I had a bit of an eye opener recently…

January 5th during my annual physical at the VA Clinic… The doctor walked in with the strip chart of my EKG asking… “Did you know you’ve had a heart attack???” Sometime within the last year… Since it didn’t show up on last year’s EKG…

It must have mild enough to write off as indigestion or just not feeling well at the time… So with a renewed commitment to making my dream come true… I’m asking again for a “Little Help from My Friends”... Bookers???

I don’t want to waste another damn day not chasing what I really want… I wasted ten damn years before going back out on the road a year and a half ago… But I am where I am and not complaining about that… I’m only looking forward to what gets me closer to my dream and the adventures that are coming next…


So bookers… Help send me and the boys on another adventure… And don’t worry… If I die alone in my RV, camping some night on the road… At least the boys will have someone to eat…   

1 comment:

  1. OMG. Thank God you lived thru it.The road trip will be a test, fun test! Good luck in Vegas. Look up IC2 Bill Fitzpatrick in Henderson. He is in real estate, so he probably owns the place! He and his wife are friends on our FB. Don't worry, JayMan will not let the other boys ( Simon) eat you.


    ReplyDelete